Alsi which is also known as flaxseed / linseed / also / tisi / tishi, flaxseed. Nowadays we have completely forgotten the use of Linseed or Flaxseed. Flaxseed contains Omega 3 fatty acid. Flaxseed also contains fiber, protein, vitamin B complex.
Health Benefits of Flax seeds
- Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi is a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acid, as the human body doesn’t produce them but can obtain the omega−3 fatty acid ALA (18 carbons and 3 double bonds) through diet. For vegetarians, Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi is a very good source of Omega 3 Fatty Acid, and for Non-vegetarians get Omega 3 from eating fish.
- Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi has soluble fibers that don’t let the body absorb fats and cholesterol and help to reduces cholesterol levels in the body. It also reduces bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol.
- Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi controls Diabetes. It has lignin that controls the blood sugar levels. Alsi has lignin that removes toxins, cholesterol, and waste from the body.
- Consuming Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi prevents prostate cancer, colon cancer, and breast cancer.
- Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi has Omega 3, fiber, and lignin that helps in weight loss. Prevents fats from depositing in the body and keeps the body fit. It has high fiber and low carbohydrate. If you eat Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi, and drink at least 10-12 glasses of water daily. More water will not make you feel hungry and help reduce weight.
- Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi has lots of fibers that keep the stomach clean, that helps in the digestive process.
- Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi has soluble fibers that prevent heart diseases. Consuming Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi prevents chances of a heart attack. It has polyunsaturated fat, monounsaturated fat, and omega 3 fat that helps keep the heart-healthy.
- Massaging oil from flaxseed on the face gives a glow to the skin. Omega 3 fatty acid in flaxseed keeps skin moisturized. Alsi has antioxidants that keep skin tight and prevents wrinkles.
- Omega 3 Fatty acid in Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi doesn’t let the blood clot inside the body. It maintains the blood fluidity so that it flows easily in the body. When blood flow is good, problems like joint pain are prevented.
- Massaging with Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi oil keeps joint pain away. Massaging with flaxseed oil prevents hair fall. It has Omega 3 that cures hair related problems and keeps hair healthy.
Side Effects of Flaxseed or Linseed or Alsi or Tisi
We must also know the downsides of using Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi. Let’s see what precautions must be kept while consuming Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi:-
- Excess use of Flax seed may be harmful.
- If you take BP or Blood Sugar medicines then consult your doctor before consuming flax seed. Otherwise your BP or Sugar level may become very low.
- The correct way to consume t is by making a powder and then consuming flax seed. To know how to make powder and include it in your diet you can watch the video from the above card. Pregnant/lactating women should avoid the consumption of Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi.
- Consume not more than 1-2 spoons of flax seed daily. If you don’t eat alsi daily then you may take it in greater quantity. Excess use of flax seed may lead to allergy related problems. Drink lots of water whenever you consume alsi at least 10-12 glasses daily. Drinking less water may leas to minor problems related to digestion.
Articles You May Like To Read:-