10 health benefits of flax seeds
Alsi is also known as flaxseed. Nowadays we have completely forgotten the use of Flaxseed. Flaxseed contains Omega 3 fatty acid. Flaxseed also contains fiber, protein, vitamin B complex.
Health Benefits of Flaxseeds
Let’s see the benefits of Flaxseed which are also known as Linseed or Alsi:-
- Flaxseed is a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acid, as the human body doesn’t produce them but can obtain the omega−3 fatty acid ALA (18 carbons and 3 double bonds) through diet. For vegetarians, Flaxseed is a very good source of Omega 3 Fatty Acid, and Non-vegetarians get Omega 3 from eating fish.
- Flaxseed has soluble fibers that don’t let the body absorb fats and cholesterol and help to reduces cholesterol levels in the body. It also reduces bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol.
- Flaxseed controls Diabetes. It has lignin that controls blood sugar levels. Alsi has lignin that removes toxins, cholesterol, and waste from the body.
- Consuming Flaxseed prevents prostate cancer, colon cancer, and breast cancer.
- Flaxseed has Omega 3, fiber, and lignin that helps in weight loss. Prevents fats from depositing in the body and keeps the body fit. It has high fiber and low carbohydrate. If you eat Flaxseed and drink at least 10-12 glasses of water daily. More water will not make you feel hungry and help reduce weight.
Benefits of flax seeds for the stomach because it has lots of fibers that keep the stomach clean, which helps in the digestive process.
- Flaxseed has soluble fibers that prevent heart diseases. Consuming Flaxseed prevents chances of a heart attack. It has polyunsaturated fat, monounsaturated fat, and omega 3 fat that helps keep the heart healthy.
- Massaging oil from flaxseed on the face gives a glow to the skin. Omega 3 fatty acid in flaxseed keeps skin moisturized. Alsi has antioxidants that keep skin tight and prevents wrinkles.
- Omega 3 Fatty acid in Flaxseed doesn’t let the blood clot inside the body. It maintains the blood fluidity so that it flows easily in the body. When blood flow is good, problems like joint pain are prevented.
- Massaging with Flaxseed oil keeps joint pain away. Massaging with flaxseed oil prevents hair fall. It has Omega 3 that cures hair-related problems and keeps hair healthy.
Side Effects of Flaxseed or Linseed or Alsi or Tisi
We must also know the downsides of using Flaxseed. Let’s see what precautions must be kept while consuming Flaxseed :-
- Excess use of Flaxseed may be harmful.
- If you take BP or Blood Sugar medicines then consult your doctor before consuming flaxseed. Otherwise your BP or Sugar level may become very low.
- The correct way to consume this by making a powder and then consuming flaxseed. Pregnant/lactating women should avoid the consumption of Linseed or Flaxseed or Alsi.
- Consume no more than 1-2 spoons of flaxseed daily. If you don’t eat alsi daily then you may take it in greater quantity. Excess use of flaxseed may lead to allergy-related problems. Drink lots of water whenever you consume alsi at least 10-12 glasses daily. Drinking less water may lead to minor problems related to digestion.
Here we have given both sides [Benefits of flax seeds] and [Side Effects of Flaxseed]. We hope that this information helps you to decide whether to consume or use flex seeds or not.
Articles You May Like To Read:-