How can I detox my body in winter?
Table of Contents
Most people think that drinking detox water is a summer thing, during winters they like to have something warm or hot drinks because of the cold temperature.
But you can have detox water during winters also, in fact, you can have detox water in any season of the year. Many of you may know what is detox water and what are its benefits, but for those who don’t even know the meaning of “detox”, well let me tell you.
What is Detox?
Well, this is the process in which our body gets rid of toxic or unhealthy substances by having healthy food items.
Detoxification methods of healing have been used for like a thousand years, it cleans the body from the inside and removes the toxic substances that cause you health-related problems.
But before you jump in, first start by cleaning the outside area of your environment so that you feel more balanced. Clean your closet, dust your cupboards and throw away the old vitamin bottles.
Types of Detox Water
There is 2 detox water that is effective during winters:
Apple and Cinnamon Detox Water
Putting apples in your water does give you the fresh and minty flavor, it is packed with vitamins and quick to put together.
It will also help in skin glowing and you will feel fit and healthy. It will help in flushing the toxins of your body as apples are rich in important antioxidants including vitamin C and B Complex.
And cinnamon is also full of beneficial compounds, it may offer benefits in improving your heart health, alleviating menstrual cramps, reducing inflammation and blood sugar levels, and helps in weight loss.
How to make Apple and Cinnamon Detox Water
For making one bottle, you will need 1 apple, 1-liter water, and 2 cinnamon sticks.
- It is as simple as cutting a slice of an apple, just boil 1 liter of water in the container after few minutes when the water comes to boil, pour it into a thermos and add the slices of apple and 1-2 cinnamon sticks.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and finally, your winter detox water is ready.
- Drink it all day long even make more, if needed, and for that, you don’t have to do all the above stuff, just refill the bottle with water.
Ginger and Lemon detox water
Ginger is highly effective in treating nausea and morning sickness. Also, it helps in relieving pain, specifically good for gym lovers as it helps in exercise-induced muscle soreness and also in menstrual pain.
Ginger contains powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
And lemons are an excellent source of flavonoids and vitamin C. Both are antioxidants and helps to remove free radicals that can damage the cells of your body.
These nutrients in lemons can help you boost your health and prevent diseases. Lemon and ginger water will help you with weight loss as well as minor infections.
It is mostly preferred to take in the early morning.
How to make Ginger and Lemon Detox Water
You will need 1 cup of water, ½ lemon, 1- inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and raw honey, to taste (optional).
- Thinly slice or grate the ginger and place in a small container or pot with 1 cup of water on the stove and let it boil.
- After that, add ½ lemon juice to it and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Then, strain the lemon and ginger and put some raw honey.
- Finally enjoy the detox drink. You can drink this 3 to 4 times a day or you can drink regularly to feel the effects.
Benefits of detoxing body during winters
Well, a successful detoxing of your body depends on how much chemical and toxic exposure you’ve had or what stresses you tolerate, or what you eat in your regular diet.
You can consult your health practitioner before starting any intensive detox plan. But these detox drinks are very common , and most people already take them in their regular diet.
Following are some common benefits of detoxing your body:
- First, skip sugars in your regular diet, if you are a sugar lover or you have sweet tooth, you must have to avoid it for better benefits.
- You also have to take a break from coffee, alcohol, chicken, and red meat so that your detox drink helps you with benefits properly.
- During the process or the period you plan to detox your body, just make sure that you exercise for at least 30 minutes per day and you must sweat during your exercise. This will give you the best possible benefits.
- Also avoid dairy products like yogurt, cheese, and milk for the next few days until you properly detox your body.
- It is usually said that detox water benefits help in weight loss, balancing the pH level of your body, boosting immune function, improving your digestive health, and many more.
- Last but not the least, there are many more detox drinks you can make or have besides the above ones and have different benefits depending on the ingredient you add.
Source:- Detox Water
Articles you may like to read:-